Karama Human Rights Film Festival presents its 8th edition which is set to take place from December 5th to the 10th, 2017 in Amman, Jordan. The festival will focus on films that are at the heart of this year’s theme ‘Give Life a Chance’.
In our 8th edition, we shall give life a chance through cinema to plant the seeds of hope in our youth in times of despair and constant social and political conflict. Through our festival, we opt to offer hope that affirms our dream of a better life.
We are currently receiving submissions for the inclusion of feature films (fiction & nonfiction), documentaries (long & short), short films & animation.
All films should be produced between 2014 & 2017. The deadline for receiving applications is September 20th, 2017.
To submit your film and view the participation rules, please click here.
We would like to confirm that the Karama feather awards for best documentary film, best fiction film and best animation film will take place this year. Moreover, we are proud to announce that we will launch the Anhar award, on behald of the Arab Film Network for Human Rights Film Festivals, for the best film from and about the Arab region at Karama’s 8th edition.
Submit Your Film
Guidelines and Regulations for the 8th edition, 2017
Please read these guidelines and regulations in their entirety & then click on 'I Agree' to go to the film submission form.
- The person who is filling out the Entry Form “Submitter” warrants that he/she has read and understood the guidelines, regulations, and requirements; and holds all necessary rights considering the usage granted to Karama Festival herein, and is authorized to grant and does hereby grant said rights to Karama.
- To be eligible for inclusion in the Karama Festival main program, films must be completed after January 2015.
- In case those films have dialogues in other languages than Arabic or English, they must be subtitled either in Arabic or English.
- Films must be submitted as a viewing screener via (Vimeo, Dropbox, or any similar platform) accompanied by promotional material such as high-resolution electronic film stills (300dpi), full cast and crew credits sheet, and the director’s bio-/filmography. These materials shall be considered incorporated as part of the submission.
- Karama accepts submissions until the 20th of September 2017. Films that don’t intersect with the theme or late submissions will be looked at but not necessarily included in the year’s program.
- Submission does not guarantee a screening of the film in the festival.
- Film formats and video systems that can be presented at the festival are: Digital Betacam (PAL), BluRay and DVD, and High quality download links.
Video Format compressor : H.264 high or best quality
Frame Size: Full HD 1920 X 1080
Frame rate: 25 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Audio: best quality
- MPEG-4 audio, Stereo, 48000 Hz
- AAC-LC audio, Stereo, 48000 Hz
bit rate at least 128kbps
- The Submitter authorizes Karama to use all submitted promotional material and up to 2 minutes clips of the film for any promotional activity of the film or the festival, including the clip’s broadcasting on televisions and their web sites, as on Karama website.
- The submitter authorizes Karama to screen the film in its main event, mid-cycle screenings and Karama Package 2017-2018, and does not charge any screening fees.