The Roberto Cimetta Fund re-opens the General Fund for Artistic and Cultural Mobility in the Euro-Arab-Middle East region on 1st October 2018. Artists and cultural operators living and working in Europe, the Arab world and the Middle East (including Turkey, the Balkans and Persian speaking countries) can apply. This call will focus on artists and cultural operators traveling to or from Persian speaking countries (Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan).
The General Fund will be open to all requests for travel grants that respect the eligibility criteria of RCF. Candidates can apply from 1st to 31st October 2018.
The following general criteria of RCF apply to this fund.
1) The aim of your trip must directly or indirectly show potential for a constructive and long-term impact on the arts sector in your home country. This means that, on your return, you share your capacity building experience abroad in a “networking” fashion with connecting artists and operators in your home region so as to maintain, renew and develop contemporary arts.
2) Travel can take place as soon as the call opens but in this case, the applicant runs the risk of paying for travel without guarantee of the success of the application.
3) Applicant’s profile and travel plan:
- Nationality: no nationality criteria
- Age: no age criteria
- Profession: performers, creators, artists, teachers, cultural organisers, administrators, entrepreneurs, project leaders.
- Financial means: applicants who are unable to find the financial resources themselves.
- Geographic zone and directions of mobility: all directions of mobility are eligible within Europe, Arab world, Middle East region. Artists from the Arab world and the Middle East only can also apply for international destinations however only a limited amount of international grants can be attributed since these tickets are more costly and limit the total number of potential beneficiaries.
4) Applications must be made by individual travelers, not by organisations. Applicants must choose the cheapest form of transport and can only apply for one international return travel ticket and visa costs, reimbursed after travel (local transport is not reimbursed). Only three
The results of the selection will be announced 1st January 2019 (Deadline for receiving applications file: 31/10/2018).
If you want to apply, you will find the application form at www.cimettafund.org.
The next open call of the General Fund is scheduled for January 2019.