The Marc de Montalembert grant - 7000 euros - helps young people from countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea and below 28 years of age to undertake a project corresponding to a personal vocation and dedicated to the cultures or arts and crafts of the Mediterranean.
To be eligible to the 2018 grant :
- To be born after december 31, 1990
- To be a national from a mediterranean country
- To wish to undertake a mediterranean cultural project
By scholarship grants and the Marc de Montalembert Prize the Fondation Marc de Montalembert contributes to developing a better knowledge of the cultures of the Mediterranean world as well as their dissemination, particularly among the young people of that region.
To encourage young people in acquiring a better knowledge of the cultures of their region, one or two grants – scholarships for projects – are awarded each year for the realization of a cultural undertaking or one having to do with the development of a craft. Since 1994 the Foundation has provided financial support to 27 projects undertaken by young grant winners from 8 Mediterranean countries. Projects have been realized in the following fields : creative writing, architecture, archeology, anthropology and sociology, music, history of art, craftsmanship, engraving, painting, photography.
To be considered the candidate must:
- come from a country bordering on the Mediterranean,
- be less than 28 years old the year of the grant’s award,
- manifest a genuine vocation in a specific cultural field or one linked to the development of a particular craft,
- present a project related to that vocation which shall be realized in one or more countries of the Mediterranean as long as different from the applicant’s origin country.
The call for applications is published on October 1st. Those interested should request an application form through completing an online questionnaire to be submitted within the deadline of November 15th of the current year. The submission must include a presentation letter in PDF format.
Only candidates considered valid by the pre-selection committee of the Marc de Montalembert Foundation will receive on December 1 the application form and all necessary instructions. This module will be compiled and sent to the Foundation, along with the required documents, no later than 31 December.
The announcement of the award of the grant will be in late March and the presentation in late April.
Application form : http://app.fondationmdm.com/raf/raf.aspx