NAAS is seeking a highly-motivated individual to take on the role of Administrative and Finance Manager. The Administrative and Finance Manager is appointed by, works closely with, and reports to the Executive Director. She/he is expected to work full-time and to start by mid-July 2017.
About the Organization:
NAAS is a network that champions innovation in cinema exhibition in the Arabic-speaking region. Through its work, NAAS aims to broaden the scope of films available to the Arab public and encourage dialogue around cinema and its history with the hopes of tapping into the potential presented by the collective experience of watching film in a public setting. We support initiatives that attempt through their programming, events, space, outreach, and operation to support a vibrant and sustainable cinema culture with the aim of developing audiences engaging with film.
NAAS has a unique, dynamic, and challenging working environment, with the NAAS team based in different locations. NAAS believes in equal opportunity for all Arab citizens to be part of its multicultural team. NAAS is welcoming of different languages, accents, cultures, genders, and points of view.
The Administrative and Finance Manager will be responsible for the strategic financial planning and implementation of the annual budget, including ensuring that all legal and work procedures are followed. She/ he will be also responsible for the human resources aspects of the organization; and will manage and oversee all administrative aspects of relationships and contracts between NAAS and its members.
Responsibilities include the following:
- 1. Manage and undertake necessary procedures to abide by the bylaws and articles of incorporation; to fulfill legal obligations vis-à-vis governmental institutions; and to manage the establishment of and maintain the organization’s bank accounts
- 2. Manage and monitor the organization’s income and expenditures
- 3. Develop and undertake budgeting, accounting, and financial management procedures
- 4. Support the implementation of the fundraising strategy
- 5. Review and update membership package
- 6. Develop and implement new member recruitment plan
- 7. Conduct yearly assessment of membership participation
- 8. Cultivate engagement of screens (i.e. external partners) in towns and rural contexts
- 9. Build and manage human resource policies, rules, and regulations, including the development and utilization of handover kits
- 10. Assist in the building and activation of systems for initiative design, development, and evaluation
- 11. Deepen and diversify key skills of staff
- Strong financial planning and management skills with at least 3 years experience in a similar position
- Strong accounting skills and experience with accounting software and related applications
- Experience in managing organizational budgets as well as producing and reviewing financial reports and statements
- Ability to work in a remote work environment with a dynamic team located in different locations
- Motivation to work with numbers, financial reports, and administrative processes
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is a must. French and/or German are a plus
- Strong organization, administrative, and communication skills
- Familiarity with financial and legal structures in Lebanon and/ or Germany
- Experience in strategic planning
- Ability and interest in the field of organizational development
- Experience in HR procedures
- Ability to work according to strict due dates
- Candidates must have an open mind and accept different cultures, points of view, and orientations
Interested applicants should send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Admin and Finance Manager” before 25 June 2017. For more information about NAAS, please visit www.naasnetwork.org and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/naasnetwork.